domingo, 26 de setembro de 2010

Rabbit hunt

Sim, o post está em inglês. Não, não vou traduzir porque a preguiça é muita... semana q vem n minha folga eu posto o conto em português. Em duas partes. Talvez só a primeira. Ééééé... se der ^^'

Kissu!

=^.^=


Rabbit hunt

Gérard was a treasure hunter. Not any kind of treasure, but special objects. Although he was a vampire, he could walk under the sun and enter churches without problem. And in that fateful night he was going to a countryside church, to search for a very rare artefact.

He walked toward the door and felt a shiver in his neck. It was unlocked. He raised his eyes to the ghostly cross outlined by a red neon lamp, thinking loud: “Who the hell had the stupid idea of building a church in the middle of nowhere, with a cross illuminated by a red lamp all night long?”

He entered and took a look around. To people like him, lack of light was not a problem. His blue eyes became blood-coloured and his canine teeth grew longer after a few seconds inside, because vampires couldn't hide their true faces inside holy places like churches.

Gérard walked along the corridor between the two rows of seats. His glance went through the silver candlesticks and the golden goblets, without any interest. He was looking for something more valuable hidden somewhere in that place. If only that cold, strange shiver stopped, he would be able to think better and decide where to search first...

DEEEEEEEENG-DOOOOOOOONG!

The vampire felt his cold blood going even colder, his heart failed a beat and his knees seemed to turn into jelly.

DEEEEEEEENG-DOOOOOOOONG!

First reaction: shout and run. But Gérard controlled himself and waited until his heart got normal to walk towards the stairway to the bells and peep the scene.

VICTOR, STOP IT!”

The bell suddenly stopped and a laugh echoed down the stairway.

Awn, Cee, you're too serious!” One more laugh. “I bet if there were any stupid mortals around here, they've already wet their pants!”

Gérard let the compressed air in his lungs go, and he started to climb the stairs silently. The door was open, and he could see the couple inside. A beautiful girl with short hair painted black and pink, and a tall young man with his brown hair completely messed up. Both of them had deep red eyes, and the guy was an old “friend” of Gérard...

Victor?”

He looked at the door and smiled, showing a pair of long, sharp canine teeth.

Gary, man, it's been a long time!”

He came closer to hug the other vampire, who refused.

What in name of Dracula are you doing here?”

What are YOU doing here, I could ask. This is my hunting area, remember?”

Yes... I do remember VERY well!”

Oh, my dearest friend, why this sad face? Aren't you happy to see me?”

Honestly? Not even a bit.”

Gérard sighted and scratched his head, visibly upset. That certainly wasn't in his plans... and he had to find a way to get that thing before they could sick their nose in!

Awn, come on, bro!” Victor smiled. “Don't you think our reunion deserves a celebration? A drink, maybe?”

No, I don't. Who's the girl?” The female vampire straightened herself, with an enraged expression in her face.

I'm not a 'girl', so, respect me!”

Easy, babe, easy” Victor held her hand. “Gary, this is Cecilia, my friend, accomplice and girlfriend. Cee, this is Gérard, a nosy, artful and very, very ambitious Frenchman. I know him since there were no TV or cars and people hunted dinosaurs for lunch, or so.”

After the greetings, the French vampire asked again:

What are you doing here?”

Just taking a walk and scaring some humans, nothing really important.”

You really haven't changed a bit. Well, I have nothing left to say, so, goodbye.”

He was already turning around to leave, but Victor held his arm.

But what about you, Gary? What are YOU doing here?”

Me?” His cheeks got a little red, almost like a human. “Nothing really.”

Didn't seem to be 'nothing' for me.”

But it ain't nothing. You might stay there, playing the bells or so, 'cause I'm leaving. Bye.”

Gérard turned his back to Victor, but he wrapped his arm around the friend's shoulders.

What's going on, man? Don't you have time to chat a little?”

Gérard repelled his arm.

No. I'm looking for a thing. But if you look for one thing, you may find another you don't want... I found you, that's the proof. I'm going, bye.”

Hey, Gary, stop being stubborn. Why don't we walk around and you tell me about what you're looking for, I may--”

NO! Well... I... ah... awn... don't want to disturb, you have to accompany the mademoiselle. So long.”

Hey, Gary, don't be so shy! Tell me what's going on. I may help you, that's what friends do.”

Gérard seemed to hesitate. He started to draw circles in the floor dust with his shoe.

Well, it... it isn't anything worth mentioning... I just.--”

Say it!”

Victor, better no... it's a bit... personal, you see...”

Say it, or I'll throw you at the holy water sink!”

I... well. Very well. If you want to help me, it's okay. But... it's a little hard to say. I don't know where it is, you know this church better than me, so... it's a little... uncommon. You'll know when you see it, but I can't tell. That would be unfair with myself, but I'll explain everything if we find it. Right?”

A smile appeared in Victor's face, while he took advantage of the idea of something valuable hidden in there. He had known Gérard since ever, and he knew how much ambitious the French guy was. Gary probably had buried a chicken egg-sized diamond in that place or something. And if he found it, he was going to claim half of the value in money!

Sun was going to rise soon, and they still haven't done any progress. The church had been carefully examined, and they still haven't a sign of what they were looking for. Actually, Victor didn't even knew WHAT they were looking for!

Gary, what do you want me to find?”

You will know when you see it. I guarantee.”

Cecilia, who was just following them without helping all the night long, sat down in the dusty floor and sighted.

Why don't you stop doing this? I wanna go home.”

Cecilia is right, Victor.” Gérard sighted, too. “Probably it isn't here.”

But the other vampire stared at him, serious.

Ten seconds ago, you were convinced it was here.”

Yes, but... I think we'd better forget it.”

Victor made faces, furious.

He doesn't want to split the money!”

He forced a smile.

Easy, man. We're going to find it!”

That's what I'm afraid...”

Said anything, Gary?”

No, nothing. Let's keep searching”

Victor tried to discover a place they still haven't checked. After about five minutes, he had an idea.

I know where it is, Gérard!”

Climbing the floor was the easy part. The two vampires got closer to the cross.

It only could be here.” Victor passed his hand on the stucco cross. Wasn't a sacrilege at all... considering the only thing he reverenced was the ancient blood of traditional vampire families. He found the split in the soft stucco, and pulled the backward part of the cross. “It's payment day, bro!”

Instead of breaking, it slid to his hand. Victor couldn't avoid laughing before searching inside the secret compartment.

WHAT?!”

Pooky!”

Gérard took the plush rabbit from Victor's hands.

Thanks, man! I never thought you would do it!”

But... but... this thing is... IT'S A BLEEDIN' CLOTH RABBIT!”

Awn... yes, but... you see, Pooky was my first toy. It has a sentimental worth for me.”

Right. Fine. WONDERFUL!”

Victor stood up and kicked the stucco plaque away. He jumped down, and called the girl:

Let's go, Cecilia.”

But, honey, won't you help your friend anymore?”

I have no blood friend to help here! Let's go!”

Laughing, she followed him. When they disappeared on the nearby woods, Gérard jumped down too. He put the rabbit in the jacket pocket and left, whistling.

The French vampire straightened the toy in his cold fingers, and laughed when he felt the hard, big diamond inside it.



THE END

Nenhum comentário: